1. Smiley: Less than one non-liquor drink, with actual meal. Nearly no effect.
Sociable:Up to three non-liquor drinks, with actual meal, potentially minimal effects
2. Friendly: Up to three drinks, on top of actual meal or with some food, noticeable effects
3. Chatty/Charming: Over three drinks but under 5 in a 4 hour period. Very little food Noticiable positive effects. No longer safe to operate heavy machinery.
4. Controlled Buzz: Regardless of drinks, having a good time. Perfect for sporting events or gaming. Noticiable effects but still under complete control of voice and body.
5. Buzzed: Had enough to drink but not too much. Time to start heading home unless excellent at pacing or nothing left to drink. Potential for embarrassment lower than potential for fun. Eat soon to extend if must remain out. Should stop drinking for at least one hour at this point ant attempt to sober to Level 3 if possible.
6. Drunk: Too much. Should already be home. Having trouble speaking to anyone under level 6. Some slurring. Likely rambling and repeating. If alone, may speak to self in third person. No longer safe to use telephones.
7. Hammered: All symptoms of 6 if in public place. Should try to get food immediately. Caffeine recommended. Can still salvage self at this point though unlikely.
8. Bombed: All symptoms of 7 combined with loss of motor function. Likely to be thrown out of bars or into fights. Should not be left alone. May feel like can run fast or dance well. Sitting down feels heavy. Drunk dialing likely to alienate loved ones.
9. Shitfaced: All symptoms of 7 and 8 but in desperate need of food and bed. Stumbling, slurring, bothering strangers. Likely to be arrested if in public.
10. Blackout: Just plain sad. Hope autopilot gets you home and friends forgive you. If over 16 and not first time this has happened, seek help.